Lettings and Property management
We understand that letting your property, especially for the first time, can be a worrying experience and with this in mind our most important consideration is providing you the Landlord with the best possible service and the right tenant for your property.
We never forget that the property is your most important asset and we can confidently assure you that by instructing us to act as your Letting and Management Agents your asset will be in professional and caring hands.
- A Personal Service Because we are a small firm, we are able to offer a personal service, with attention to detail, whilst at the same time maintaining a high standard of competence and professionalism.
- Competitive Rates Our fees are competitive and may vary dependent on the level of Service required by you. We are particularly committed to investment Landlords and savings can be made on the smallest of portfolios.
- Carefully Selected Tenants Drawn from a continually updated register, all prospective Tenants are thoroughly referenced. In some cases we will also require a guarantor.
Levels of Service offered
Our Letting Only Services includes marketing of the property and carrying out viewings, leading to the introduction and vetting of a prospective Tenant. This proving satisfactory, we then go ahead and prepare the tenancy agreement, and if required an inventory.
- Appraise your property, photograph it and advise on its current open market rental value.
- Offer Pre letting advice on presentation of the property.
- Advertise the property on the main property websites as well as our own website.
- Place “To Let” sign adjacent to property, if appropriate.
- Take all enquiries and arrange daytime, evening and weekend viewings, as many as necessary until suitable tenant is found.
- Secure previous landlord reference and/or work reference from suitable tenants.
- Secure proof of ID.
- Draw up leases for all tenants and signing of same, with any additional conditions that the landlord may require.
- Collect security deposit and first months rent.
- Transfer utilities into the Tenants name where possible.
- Get tenant details for RTB Registration form.
- Arrange standing order for rental payments into landlord account.
- Handle the moving in of the tenants.
- Take Photo Inventory.
- Organise to obtain a BER CERT for your property if necessary.
- Ensure No Let No Fee.
Following this, the first month’s rent and usually a tenancy deposit is collected and credited to the Landlord less our agreed fee. Managing the tenancy, including the maintenance and rent collection, will then be the responsibility of the Landlord.
This Service is suitable for Landlords who are not residing locally, or would rather not deal with the Tenants directly, preferring all aspects to be handled by an Agent.
We offer a competitive fee structure and can offer reductions on our standard charges for multiple property portfolios. Please telephone or email us to discuss your requirements.
This is an Add-On Service, and all of the above is included with:
- Monitor and collect rent into Blue Property Rentals Client Account.
- Lodge rent into landlord account and provide monthly statements.
- We will inspect the property periodically to ensure tenants are taking care of your property. Should these bring to light any maintenance issues, we will (within the confines of our Management Agreement) arrange or recommend any necessary repairs.
- During the tenancy we are the first point of contact for the tenant, should there be any queries or household maintenance issues, we will deal with them as required.
- Towards the end of the tenancy, we liaise with the Tenant and Landlord, with a view to renewing the tenancy agreement if required or arranging to check them out and re-advertising the property to let.
- Liase with the landlord one month prior to the expiry of the lease agreement to organise lease renewal.
- For non resident landlord – We are obliged by law to withhold 20% of rent for government tax
What We Require from the Landlord
- Key to the property
- Signed Property Services Regularity Authority Letter of Engagement (returned to us within 7 days of commencement of services)
- MPRN Number and service provider (this will be found on top right hand side of electricity bill)
- BER Cert (we can arrange getting one in place if needed)
- Landlord bank details (where you would like rent to be paid to)
- Landlord contact details (name, address, phone no, email)
- There may be other details that arise
The above is a brief summary of landlords’ responsibilities. We hope that you find it useful. If there are any aspects of which you are unsure, please ask us. We look forward to being of assistance to you in the letting and management of your property.